Friday, February 13, 2009

A Valentine

My stepfather taught me to love music, play tennis poorly, spend lots of energy doing things for others and to honor creative people.

My father taught me to love clarity, precision and purpose and how to use rubbing compound to get the scratches off a car.

My mother still teaches me to love myself, my partner, books, art, the fine art of making a roast chicken and to take care of people who need help the most.

My sister teaches me that anything is possible, including driving a car with 37 electronic devices hooked into one power outlet and using them all simultaneously.

My partner accepts the whole messy package, even when I fail at eveything I have been taught.

I love each of those messages, never quite live up to the education but I try to live by them when I can, and I am forever grateful.

What more could anyone ask for?

Love to you all.

No comments: